Are you a student that’s new to Ottawa?Tired of the club scene?
Everyone knows the Ottawa-Gatineau area has a bar and club scene. It isn’t difficult to find an establishment to go to on a Friday night.
But maybe it’s not your pint of beer. Maybe you’re saving the cash. Maybe you aren’t even old enough to go bar-hopping yet. For a cheap outing, where can you go as a student that doesn’t involve paying for drinks?
We explore five wallet-friendly places to check out in the National Capital Region.
1) Rideau Canal – Weather permitting, a skate on the canal gives a true feeling of Canadiana, while a bike or walk along the adjacent paths is the calmest way to spend a summer’s afternoon.
2) National Arts Centre – From the National Orchestra to the 600 artists who take part in their Ontario Scene event in the spring, the best classic music and dance performances come through the NAC. (To go along with the whole “cheap” thing, avoid their parking.)
3) ByWard Market – The center of free entertainment in downtown Ottawa.
4) Science and Technology Museum – Countless interesting and interactive exhibits have been recently modernized.
5) War Museum – Just on the Ontario side of the Champlain Bridge, a re-vitalized building to explore the history of our military